Pests control is serious business. Pests can be highly destructive creatures wherever they nest. From diseases to property damage, pests can disrupt just about any environment. For the residents of Claremore, Oklahoma, pest control is an important part of their way of life. At Thrive Pest Control, we are cognizant of the value of preventing and treating pests before they become a serious situation.
Claremont, Oklahoma is an idyllic town in northeastern Oklahoma. Situated in Rogers County, it offers its residents unmatched quality of life. In particular, its old-world charm meshes quite well with the conveniences of modern life. Claremore is known for its fun outdoor activities, great weather, and overall safety. That’s why it is one of the fastest-growing towns in America.
In fact, Claremont is so nice that pests love it, too. This is why residents need to be keenly aware of the potential for pests. At Thrive, we believe in prevention as much as treatment. This allows our clients to enjoy the peace of mind that comes with a safe home environment.
What Is a Pest?
The broad definition of a pest refers to any organism that causes harm to humans and pets. In other words, any creature that can cause direct harm, such a through biting, stinging, or scratching is a pest. Additionally, a pest is also harmful as it can contaminate food and water supplies. For example, bacteria nestled in a water supply can cause any number of illnesses.
Generally speaking, pests encompass insects and rodents. However, birds, reptiles, and microorganisms all fall under the pest category. Infestations are often difficult to spot. Once they are evident, it might be too late to stop them. At that point, the intervention of a qualified pest control specialist may become necessary.
At Thrive, we consider that stopping pests before they become a problem is the best solution. Our interventions focus on both prevention and treatment. This enables our clients to have the peace of mind they need in order to feel safe and comfortable in their homes. We protect our clients’ most valued possession: their home.
Types of Pests in Claremore, Oklahoma
The Oklahoma Department of Health warns about the prevalence of pests throughout the State. Nevertheless, there are pests that are specific to residents of Claremore. Here is a list of the most prevalent pests that residents of Claremore may encounter:
- Ants. Ants are common throughout the United States. While they don’t necessarily invade homes, they do so in search of food. In particular, sugary foods are their favorite. Thus, it’s important to keep food in sealed containers. Also, avoid leaving leftovers lying around.
- Bed bugs. The Oklahoma Department of Health warns about the resurgence of bed bugs. Bed bugs were thought to be extinct in the United States. However, they have made a comeback over recent years. They are tiny pests that are extremely difficult to detect. They can cause a severe allergic reaction in the skin.
- Mosquitoes. Mosquitoes are among the worst pests. They transmit diseases such as West Nile Virus, Dengue, and Yellow Fever. They quickly reproduce and infest in large swarms.
- Spiders. Spiders don’t usually pose a direct threat to humans. However, spider bites can trigger serious allergies, especially in children. Spiders are particularly dangerous to pets such as cats and dogs.
- Wasps. Wasps usually thrive in the wild. However, they may encroach upon homes in search of food and shelter, especially if the weather is cold and wet. They can nest inside the home through openings in roofs and siding. Their stings can cause serious allergies.
On the whole, pests find entry points in crawl spaces, roofs, and sidings. Once inside, an infestation may become noticeable until it’s too late. That’s why it’s advisable to contact a licensed home inspector to ensure that no entry points are available to pests, especially in crawl spaces and roofs.
Residential Pest Control in Claremore, Oklahoma
At Thrive, our commitment is to provide outstanding service right from the start. We believe in getting things done right from the beginning. If you suspect a possible pest infestation on your property, feel free to reach out. One of our qualified pest control specialists will provide you with a no-obligation estimate on any interventions.
Initially, we thoroughly inspect the property to ensure that the pest has been identified along with the degree of infestation. If detected early, inconvenient and costly interventions may be avoided.
Then, we set out to determine the best course of action to combat the pest. We use specialized equipment and materials to ensure that the pests leave without harming people or pets. Most importantly, all chemicals are safe for humans and pets.
Lastly, we conduct strict follow-up to ensure the pest won’t be coming back. We won’t stop until the job is completed. So, any traces of pests are addressed immediately. In doing so, we can avoid the pest from coming back again. This is the value guarantee that we offer our clients. When it comes to residential pest control in Claremore, Oklahoma, we aim to support our clients every step of the way. We believe that close attention to detail is the best way to ensure a good job.
When to Reach Out to a Pest Control Specialist in Claremore, Oklahoma
If you believe there might be a presence of a pest in your home, reach out to a local pest control specialist in the Claremore, Oklahoma area right away. A fully licensed and insured pest control specialist can provide you with the peace of mind you need to make sure you get rid of the pest right from the start.
At Thrive, we support our clients every step of the way. Please contact us to learn more about how we can help you take back control of your home. One of our qualified pest control specialists will be happy to assist you with your needs. The time has come for you to take charge of your home. We can help you protect the most precious things in your life, your family, and your home.